The 2016 SAT Maths pattern has 4 main areas namely
a) Algebra (Heart of Algebra) that accounts for (33%) i.e 19 questions
b) Problem Solving and Data Analysis (29%) i.e 17 questions
c) Passport to Advanced Maths (28%) i.e 16 questions
d) Additional Topics on Maths (10%) i.e 6 questions
These questions count toward the section score for Math (200 - 800), the total score of the SAT (400 - 1600), and the test score of Math test (1 - 40).
These questions will also count toward the sub scores of Algebra, Data Analysis, and Advanced Math (1 - 15 each).
Some of these questions will also count toward the Analysis on Science and Analysis in Social Studies cross test scores (1-40 each).
1) The test consists of a calculator as well as non calculator questions
2) The exam lasts for 80 minutes
3) There are 58 questions in total
4) 38 Maths questions (55 minutes) are calculator based and 20 questions (25 minutes) are non calculator
5) Out of the 58 questions spread over 2 portions, 45 are multiple choice questions (4 options) and 13 are grid in questions
6) Test Takers will not be penalized for incorrect answers in multiple choice questions.
Call 050 90 21 727 for class schedules.
Disclaimer: SAT is a registered trademark of College Board. Dubai Math Tutor does not represent SAT.